This will be a regular feature where I will interview Lolita fashion models from my group LolitaLovers in the hope that it will bring them more exposure in the community.
This month, I interview model and up-and-coming designer dolldelight.
Please introduce yourself...
I am Cyril, known as dolldelight on deviantArt and even to the rest of the Net. I found out about dA through my photographer friend China Mungcal (goldfishprincess) as she uploads our photoshoots here. I then decided to join so I could also showcase my craft. My work is mostly on Lolita but I am also interested in fashion in general.
1. When did you first become interested in Lolita fashion?
I became interested in Lolita fashion when I stumbled upon the site of Baby, the Stars Shine Bright.
2. When did you start to make your own clothing?
I began making my dresses about 2 years ago. I initially started with headpieces and later own was able to make my own clothing when my Dad got me a sewing machine.
3. What is your favourite Lolita clothing brand/shop?
I don't have a favorite brand as I've been used to creating my own. In terms of inspiration though, Baby (the Stars Shine Bright) is my favorite.
4. You have a mixed variety of outfits and styles it seems. Which is your favourite style, and why?
I am torn between Punk Lolita and Wa Lolita. I guess I like these styles most because they let me experiment with my designs more. In Punk Lolita, I get to play around with the deconstructed look. In Wa Lolita, I am allowed to mix different prints and patterns. I don't want to subscribe to just one style as I am still hoping to grow as a designer.
5. Please recommend some groups or clubs on deviantART to aspiring Lolita designers/models.
LolitaClub, LolitaLovers, FashionDesignGroup
6. Name some people on deviantART who inspire you, and whom you admire.
Kassandra Leigh Purcell (KassandraLeigh)
apricot8585 (Too bad she's not in dA anymore :c)
7. What is your favourite photo from your gallery, and why? Please show us.
This has to be my favorite as it has gathered the most faves in my gallery. Also, this is my first dress in which I attempted to mix different patterns.
8. What do you like to do in your spare time, aside from dA?
I go bubbletea tasting/drinking.
9. What's your most prized possession?
I can't choose between my Canon550D DSLR and Singer 3116 sewing machine...
10. What's the best holiday you've ever had, and why?
I haven't had a best a holiday but I could say that, so far, the best day for me is when I found out I would be attending the Pacific Media Expo event as their fashion industry guest on November.